Aloe Vera is a medicinal plant and is especially good for skin. It is beneficial both externally and internally. It is used in treating and protecting the skin. It works effectively against acne, burns an even some skin diseases like eczema.
However, aloe vera benefits extend well beyond just skin. Benefits of aloe vera are truly uncountable. Hence, it is known as the” plant of immortality” and miracle plant.
Versatility of miracle plant
Aloe vera is widely used for the prevention and treatment of several ailments. It is used in the care of one’s body in the following ways:
- Immune system
Beneficial Effects of Aloe Vera
Out of the millions and millions of benefits of aloe vera, only the top 10 are given below:
- Detoxifying agent: One of the greatest aloe vera benefits is that it acts as a natural detoxifying agent. It cools, moistens and soothes and thus relieves one from the effects of irritating heat and skin and digestive disorders.
- Immune System: Full of antioxidants, aloe vera fights free radicals in the body. Therefore it helps to fight various diseases. Consumption of aloe vera juice helps to boost the immune system and delay the ageing process.
- Digestion: Aloe vera cleanses the digestive system internally. Its function as a laxative allows the easy passage of food particles through the intestine. It controls constipation problems, inflammation, intestinal ulcers, acidity etc. and it provides soothing effect on the stomach walls.
- Female Reproductive System: Aloe vera has been proven useful in rejuvenating the uterus. It is also used to relieve the pain associated with menstrual cycle. So instead of popping unnecessary pain pills associated with several side effects, one can simply drink aloe vera juice. It is a simple and painless way to help with menstrual cycles.
- Wounds and Burns: One of the oldest and most common benefits of aloe vera is on cuts, wounds, abrasions and burns. Aloe vera was a very crucial part of traditional medicine. Till date it is utilised as a household remedy for a variety of purposes. It reduces inflammation naturally and without any side effect. Drinking aloe vera juice provides relief to swollen and painful joints and also treats stiffness of bones. Aloe vera benefits include its anti-bacterial property which makes it beneficial on scars, cuts and wounds. Its cooling and soothing impact on skin helps to regenerate new cells and reconstruct damaged tissue.
- Respiratory System: Aloe vera is useful in the treatment of respiratory disorders. It is particularly beneficial in the treatment of flu, cold, bronchitis etc. The Vitamin C present in aloe vera helps in this regard.
- Hair Growth: Aloe vera is rich in natural vitamins and enzymes that promote hair growth. It is thus used by people suffering from problems of excessive hair loss. It helps in the growth of healthy and strong hair. It also retains moisture in the scalp. Therefore it is useful against dandruff as well. It helps to prevent itchy scalp. It controls redness, dryness, itching, scaling, inflammation etc of the scalp that automatically improves hair health.
- Oral Hygiene: Benefits of aloe vera include maintenance of good oral hygiene. The anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties of this immensely versatile plant help in promotion of cell growth and healing. Aloe vera gels are administered in a variety of tooth gels to prevent mouth ulcers and bleeding of gums. Aloe vera’s antifungal properties are also tremendously helpful against a wide variety of oral problems.
- Improves Complexion: Consumption of aloe vera juice helps in rejuvenating skin. It gives the skin essential nutrients and keeps it healthy. Aloe vera removes dead skin and replenishes it with new skin. This provides a radiant glow to the skin and thus improves one’s complexion.
- Boosts Vitamin And Mineral Intake: Aloe vera happens to be rich in folic acid as well as a large number of different vitamins (A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E etc.). Not just that, aloe vera is packed in minerals such as magnesium, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc etc. Naturally, regular intake of aloe vera enhances one’s intake of all these vitamins and minerals. And that cannot be bad, right?
Aloe Vera benefits are vast. It surpasses modern medicine in too many ways. Advanced medicine, treatments, pimple creams etc. do not stand a chance when put up against aloe vera. What is more? Aloe vera has no negative side effect at all. So it can be used without fear. It can be used in far too many fields and has far too many healthy aspects.
And that is precisely the reason why it is famous as “miracle plant”. The benefits of aloe vera are an all-encompassing reality. Hopefully more and more uses of this plant will be discovered in the years to come and its importance will increase manifold.