The world of technology has played the most important role in making everything accessible on the go. Nowadays, we can easily access the most important information through our smart phones and
can remain updated regarding whatever is happening the world over. However, one issue which we all face with our gadgets is that they run out of battery quite soon. This is why; many people have to carry an extra battery pack with them all the time.
What Exactly Is a Power Bank?
A power bank is like a spare battery for your smart phone, mobile, tablet or any other device. It recharges your mobile with the help of a USB and no external power is needed for it. There are many types of power banks, some are specific to tablets and some are specially made for devices like tablets and IPads. Some of the power banks are universal, having more than one device support. Based on your need you can buy one by keeping under mentioned points in consideration.
Features to Consider While Buying a Power Bank
Here is a list of features you need to consider while buying a Power Bank. These will help you choose the best device, and at the same time save you some money.
- Capacity: The capacity of a portable charger is measured in mAh or milli-ampere-hour. While purchasing a power bank, make sure that its capacity is enough that it gets charged fully in one go. However, the higher the capacity of the battery, the heavier and pricier the device is going to be. This is why it is ideal to purchase a power bank with a 2000mAh battery instead of one having 20000mAh.
- Portability: The portability of the battery is very important. You want something which you can easily carry in your pocket, so that you can recharge your mobile device whenever the need arises.
- The Input Current of Your Device: It is important to focus on the input current your mobile device requires to get recharged. For this purpose, it is ideal to purchase a portable charger which has the same or greater input current than your device. Otherwise, you may experience your device taking a longer time to recharge as compared to your wall charger.
- The Input Current of Your Battery Pack: It is not recommended to purchase a battery pack with a high input current. This is because it takes a lot of time for the devices to get charged. So, when you find 2 seemingly different portable charges being sold at almost the same price, then this is the main specific you should consider.
- Number of Ports in the Charger: While usually a portable charger has one USB port, many new ones have got more than one USB ports ideal for those who carry more than one mobile device with them. The only disadvantage with such power banks is that they take a longer time to charge when more than one device is connected to them.
- Quality of the Charger: While you can easily find many portable devices in the market, it is advisable to look for a power bank which has a good quality. This may prove a bit heavier on your pocket, but it is required to eliminate any risk of the battery getting exploded. So, if you are buying a battery with a 6000mAh capacity with a relatively lesser price, then this means that it is something which you should avoid.
You need to consider checking these things before buying a power bank. A good power bank can be your travel partner for a long time. There are many things to consider before buying, some may need it for a cell phone, and other may need it for tablet or to charge a device. These power banks can charge your cell phone from 1 to 10 device at a time.
Checklist of things
- Check the charging time and battery life of the power bank
- Make sure to see if the charging time is higher or low.
- Look for ports that are useful for you. There must be more options in ports and chargers
- If there is LED indicator for various functions, it will help you a lot
- The capacitive of the power bank, how many charges it can provider.
When you go to buy a charger you have to keep these important points in your checklist because if you won’t, you may see loss of money. Also, some power banks affect life of your cell phone having one that doesn’t affect your battery life will also save you money.
You can find the 10 best power banks I list in another post, which are hot selling at amazon.com